The BR-800’s powerful onboard effects processor includes GT-10/10B effects, VE-20 vocal effects and harmonies, and COSM-based acoustic guitar body modelling. The EZ Recording feature interactively guides you through the recording process. A stereo microphone is also built into the BR-800 for instant “Song Sketch” recording. No matter where you are, you’ll never take risks getting your ideas down with the BR-800.
- 4-track simultaneous recording, 8-track simultaneous playback plus dedicated stereo rhythm track playback
- EZ Recording function interactively guides you through the recording process
- Powerful guitar, bass, and vocal effects derived from BOSS’s flagship processors
- Song Sketch recording for quick stereo capture in WAV format
- Built-in advanced drum machine with editor software
- Functions as a USB audio interface and DAW controller
- Cakewalk SONAR 8.5 LE recording software with full audio loops and backing tracks included
- Built-in stereo condenser microphone for instant recording
- Sleek new interface with sensor touch
- 1GB SD included (supports up to 32GB SDHC card)
- Runs on six AA batteries/USB bus power/AC adaptor (included)
Whether you’re creating intricate, multi-layered songs or point and capture field recordings, the BR-800 makes the recording process fast and easy. Beginners will love the new EZ Recording mode that interactively guides you through the recording process. Other helpful features include the convenient Retry function, which recues automatically to fix mistakes and Song Sketch recording for instant, one-touch capture. There’s also a built-in stereo condenser microphone plus a DR-880-quality rhythm generator for adding drum and percussion tracks to your songs.
Enhance your recordings with the powerful BOSS effects onboard the BR-800. Many of the effects are derived from BOSS’s flagship processors, including vocal effects from the VE-20; COSM guitar/bass amps and effects from the GT-10 series and modelled acoustic guitar body effects from the Martin AP-1 preamp, which imparts pro-quality miced-up sound and rich body tone to line-recorded acoustic guitar. You’ll be amazed at how much processing power is built into this little device, and how great the effects sound.
You can power the BR-800 from the included AC adaptor, or, for ultimate mobility, it can be powered from six AA batteries. So you can record anywhere! Stereo microphones are also built into the BR-800 for instant “Song Sketch” recordings, great for capturing song ideas (acoustic guitar and vocals, for example) from any location.
The BR-800’s USB compatibility enables a variety of functionality with your computer. Connected to a PC, the BR-800 will function as a USB audio interface for recordings that utilise the internal effects. The BR-800 can also function as a control surface for DAW software.
The Complete, Portable Music-Production Solution
Number of Tracks
Simultaneously recording track: 4
V-Track: 64 (8 V-Tracks per each Track)
20 Hz to 20 kHz (+1/-3 dB)
24-bit + AF method (GUITAR/BASS input)
*AF (Adaptive Focus) method is a proprietary method from Roland that vastly improves the signal-to-noise (S/N) ratio of the A/D and D/A converters.
Compatible Card Capacity
SD Card: 1 GB to 2 GB
SDHC Card: 4 GB to 32 GB
HiFi (MT2) Roland/BOSS original format
16 bit linear stereo WAV format(*)
*SONG SKETCH only
(for multi-track recording)
*Conversion in one track
1 GB: 8 hours 40 minutes
2 GB: 17 hours
4 GB: 34 hours
8 GB: 68 hours
16 GB: 136 hours
32 GB: 272 hours
* The above-listed recording times are approximate. Times may be slightly shorter depending on the number of songs that were created.
* The above number is the total for all the tracks that are used. If each of the eight tracks contain an equal amount of data, the length of the resulting song will be approximately 1/8 of the above.
(for SONG SKETCH)
1 GB: 90 minutes
2 GB: 3 hours
4 GB: 6 hours
8 GB: 12 hours
16 GB: 24 hours
32 GB: 48 hours
Nominal Input Level
GUITAR/BASS jack: -10 dBu
INPUT 1 to 4 jacks: -50 to -20 dBu (XLR type), -26 to +4 dBu (1/4″ TRS phone type)
LINE IN jack: -10 dBu
GUITAR/BASS jack: 1 M ohm
INPUT 1 to 4 jacks: 3k ohms (XLR type), 47 k ohms (1/4″ TRS phone type)
LINE IN jack: 10 k ohms
Nominal Output Level
LINE OUT jacks: -10 dBu
LINE OUT jacks: 1 k ohm
Recommended Load Impedance
LINE OUT jacks: 20 k ohms or greater
PHONES jack: 32 to 100 ohms
Residual Noise Level
LINE OUT jacks:-85 dBu or less (IHF-A Typ.)
128 x 64 dots (Backlit LCD)
GUITAR/BASS jack (1/4″ phone type), INPUT 1–4 jacks (XLR type / 1/4″ TRS phone type), LINE IN jack (Stereo miniature phone type), FOOT SW/EXP PEDAL (1/4″ TRS phone type), LINE OUT jacks (RCA phono type), PHONES jack (Stereo 1/4″ phone type), USB connector, DC IN jack
Audio Input/Output, MIDI Input/Output, File Transfer, BUS Power operation
DC 9V: AC Adaptor
Size AA Dry battery x 6 (alkaline batteries recommended)
USB Bus Power
280 mA (DC IN)
480 mA (USB Bus Power)
Battery Life for Continuous Use
Approximately 5.5 hours
(Alkaline dry batteries, with continuous playback of 8 tracks, phantom power off)
* May vary according to usage conditions, phantom power used, batteries used, and type of SD card used.
SD Card (1 GB), AC Adaptor, USB Cable, BR-800 DVD-ROM, Owner’s Manual
Footswitch: FS-5U, Pedal Switch: DP-2 (Roland), Expression Pedal: EV-5 (Roland), FV-500L/FV-500H, Soft Case: BA-CB1
Size and Weight
* 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms* USB Driver for BR-800 requires Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.4 or later. For more detail, please refer to the documents attached with the drivers.
In the interest of product improvement, the specifications and/or appearance of this unit are subject to change without prior notice.
BR-800 Part 1 Digital Recorder Musikmesse 2010 Booth Demo Part 1
BR-800 Part 1 Digital Recorder Musikmesse 2010 Booth Demo Part 2